Friday 14 February 2014

Time for a bit of baking

With this awful weather coinciding with my annual hibernation I thought I'd spend some time doing a bit of research into my family history.  My cousin who now lives in Australia started all this and now we are both hooked.  Almost daily another e mail pings, revealing some fascinating revelations, (good on ya Nana, what a dark horse you were!!)  My grandpa, it turns out had connections to a German  factory confiscated by the Nazis during the war, and a distant cousin was involved in the Korean conflict. How intriguing!!  Whatever next will be discovered I wonder? I can hardly wait!

To counter all this excitement I have been indulging in a spot of baking,   Something nice and comforting to take me through this dreary February month.

Roll on Spring!!

Sue x

2 comments:

  1. Love the "cooking" outfit, can grace my kitchen anytime you want a change.
    What an interesting past you seem to be finding in the new world. keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo La La Will you come and cook for me Please Sue ! Save me a piece of cake if you cook one ! Love your blogs Sue x x

    ReplyDelete